Agricultural and Turf Application
SoilLife is easy to use and economical. The product is highly concentrated. For most agricultural applications we recommend at most 1-quart per acre. The approximate cost per acre at a quart per acre rate is $14-15/acre depending on freight and your location.
Soillife blends very well with water, all fertilizers, all herbicides, most pesticides except for “contact” fungicides, and is an all-natural wetting agent. It stays in suspension for up to 3-months and after that agitation or thorough mixing is required. It is safe and easy to use on the farm. It is available in convenient 2.5 gal plastic jugs (2 per case), 50-gallon drums or 275 gallon totes.
SoilLife is not a fertilizer! However, it does improve the efficient uptake of stored or applied nutrients such as Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Phosphates (NPK) and other minerals and trace elements. In some cases and after your soil has been tested, we expect our producers will cut back on the use of nitrogen and possibly other man-made fertilizers or inputs once they realize the efficient uptake that SoilLife provides their plant roots.
How to Apply SoilLife
We recommend that the closer SoilLife is applied to the seed or root zone, the greater the benefit will be to the plant, its roots and for you to enjoy greater yield potential.
Some producers coat their seeds with SoilLife. For example, 6 oz. of SoilLife has been used to coat 100 lbs. of soybean seed to improve germination and to promote quick development of a healthy plant root system. This application rate came to us from professional soybean growers.
Producers that do not have in-furrow application systems use pre-emergence or post-emergence spraying with either their favorite herbicide or fertilizer program. If one uses a sprayer application system, we highly recommend that at least 15-20 gallon of water or total solutions be applied per acre. This amount will help ensure that SoilLife will make contact with the soil, the plant root system and that it will not evaporate or drift.
Standard Application Rates
- Barley, Oats and Wheat
- Corn, Cotton, Sorghum and Soybeans
- Alfalfa, Clover Forage, Hay and Pasture Mix
- Vegetable Crops
- Turf Grass
- Hydro Seeding
- Citrus Trees
- Potted Plants
- 1 quart per acre — planting
- 1 pint per acre — green up and post application
- 1 pint per acre — post application
- 1 quart per acre — pre-plant and post harvest
- 1 pint per acre — in-furrow, first and second post
(including but not limited to lettuce, pole crops, tomatoes, carrots, onions, melons and potatoes);
- Prior to first bloom: 1 quart per acre
- Irrigation: 16 ounces per acre 2 weeks of irrigation through the fruit set of the crop
- Early spring green up: 1 quart per acre (1.0 ounce per 1,000 square feet) Apply monthly: 1 pint per acre (0.50 ounces per 1,000 square feet)
- Winter dormancy: 1 quart per acre (1.0 ounce per 1,000 square feet)
- Irrigation: 1 pint per acre monthly if irrigation is in full use
- 1 quart per acre or 1.3 ounces per 1,000 sq. ft.
- Transplanting: Dilute 1 ounce per gallon of transplanting solution. Dip, do not overly soak.
- Ground applications: Apply 32 ounces every 45 days until 30 days prior to harvest.
- Irrigation: SoilLife can be fertigated. Apply a rate of 12 ounces per cycle with sprayer/sprinkler type irrigation. Apply a rate of 32 ounces per acre with flood irrigation.
- Transplanting: Dilute 1 ounce to a gallon of water. Dip, do not overly soak. When watering for continued growth and development: use this dip solution once every 60 days
Store in a cool, dry area and avoid excessive heat or freezing.