Idaho Potato Study
In a study on a potato farm in Idaho, researchers saw the average potato size increase by 19%, from 5.03oz. to 5.95oz. There was also a 39% increase in #1 potatoes, 197% boost in #2, and a 60% reduction of the non-size A grade potatoes.
- Increase in average potato size 19%
- Increase in #1 potatoes 39%
- Boost in #2 potatoes 197%
- Reduction of non-size A grade potatoes 60%
Studies on organic matter
A study of soils in Michigan demonstrated potential crop-yield increases of 12% of every increase 1% of organic matter. In a Maryland experiment, researchers saw an increase of approximately 80 bushels of corn per acre when organic matter is increased from 0.8% to 2%.
- 12% Crop yield increase for every 1% increase of organic matter
- 1% Increase of organic matter
- 80 more bushels of corn per acre with an organic matter increase from 0.8% to 2%